Dreams is the new way to save – an app built for the people. Through groundbreaking design and Nobel Prize-winning research, we offer up a new generation of friendly financial services.
Just who are we? Our Dreams team consists of around 60 talented magic-makers from 14 different countries, all coming together to help dreams come true. We make it happen from our offices in Stockholm, Oslo and Berlin.
We are now strengthening our growing team and are looking for a Lead Product Engineer to help steer Dreams into the future.
What we need
Dreams’ engineers own not only the tech but also the product itself, contributing actively with ideas and user-facing features. We firmly believe in building self-organizing and self-reliant teams working with continuous improvements and optimizations.
As a member of the product engineering team, you will get the chance to work on all parts of our stack. We believe you have a strong background in engineering and programming – preferably with experience from multiple fields including financial technology.
What you’ll do
- Build out features and contribute with code over the whole stack
- Assist the PM in grooming, feasibility and estimation exercises
- Take responsibility for continuous improvement efforts and making sure that best practices are enforced.
- Actively spread technical know-how throughout the team
- Communicate with colleagues across the company to gather requirements
- Mentor and support your team members - both existing ones and new recruits that are being onboarded
- Collaborate with other Leads to improve practices, identify cross team efforts and help the organization to make use of your domain expertise
What you’ll bring to the team
- 6+ years of professional experience in software development working with one or many of the following programming languages and ecosystems: Ruby, Python, Go, Java, Node.js
- Previous experience leading teams
- An ability to work with all parts of the stack and an understanding of the importance
- Familiar with event sourcing architectures and tools such as RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – you will guide teams, communicate with the overall organization, and document systems (English is our preferred working language)
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring, fun, smart, friendly colleagues
- Cross-collaboration across departments
- An international, laid-back office space in central Stockholm
- Innovation-driven, fast-growing company
- A culture encouraging risks, new ideas, and mold-breaking
- Help people save – not waste – their money and achieve their dreams!
Come on already and apply. Our Dreams community can hardly wait to hear from you!
N.B. Candidates must be available for in-person interviews in Stockholm and be entitled to work in Sweden.