Dreams is the new way to save – an app built for the people. Through groundbreaking design and Nobel Prize-winning research, we offer a new generation of friendly financial services.
The words “save money” make most people feel anxious and excluded. Financial products and services do little to ease this burden. Enter Dreams - a solution built on human needs for human beings. We all agree that money has a great impact on emotional health and well-being. So let’s reach people on a fundamentally emotional level. United around a single mission – to turn dreamers into achievers, nudging them to reject momentary satisfaction and instead invest in a sustainable future.
Over 400,000 Scandinavians have saved with Dreams since we launched the app in 2016. Now we are raising the bar on financial services. The days when financial institutions could benefit from ignoring customers' needs is over. Period.
Our Dreams team consists of around 60+ talented magic-makers from 14 different countries, all coming together to help dreams come true. We make it happen from our offices in Stockholm (HQ), Oslo and Berlin.
We are growing and are looking for a third member to join our site reliability engineering team.
What we need
At Dreams, our engineers not only own the tech but also the product itself, actively contributing with ideas and user-facing features. We firmly believe in building self-organizing and self-reliant teams working with continuous improvements and optimizations.
As a member of our site reliability engineering team, you will work across our teams focusing on reliability, resilience, and tooling. Around 50% of your time will be spent as a driving force in our feature teams, imparting knowledge across the company. The remaining 50% will be spent on reactive work and making continuous improvements, such as reducing toil
With a strong background in engineering, automation, and operations, you’ve witnessed both the worst and the best and you’re not afraid to move quickly and break things. You think of automation as a turnkey solution to nearly any problem, and thoroughly enjoy supporting teams to improve the developer UX for our engineers and ultimately the end product our customers use.
What you’ll do
- Take pride and ownership in our product’s reliability and function
- Be actively involved in feature discussions to design for resilience from the ground up, imparting your expertise in product design
- Support, guide, and mentor junior colleagues
- Actively spread technical know-how throughout the organization
What you’ll bring to the team
- Around 5+ years’ professional experience across multiple parts of the stack, with a focus in automation
- Rich experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Programming experience – preferably around product engineering. Golang knowledge is a plus
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code tooling and configuration management systems, such as Terraform and Ansible
- An in-depth understanding of the nature of larger distributed systems
- A documented background within system-level administration (Linux)
- A thorough understanding of network topology and standard networking protocols and components
- Security best-practices in the financial services context
- Past experience of external security audits, vulnerability management, and pentesting
- A curious and explorative mindset – you keep up to date with new technology while remaining grounded in what you know works
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring, fun, smart, friendly colleagues
- Innovation-driven, fast-growing company
- An international, laid-back office space in central Stockholm
- A culture encouraging risks, new ideas, and mold-breaking
- Help people save – not waste – their money and achieve their dreams!
Come on already and apply. Our Dreams community can hardly wait to hear from you!