In a world of overspending and easy credit, it’s no surprise that money is the number one source of stress for millions of people.
We created Dreams to level the playing field. To give people a better chance of achieving their goals, and a simple way to take control of their finances.
We use behavioral science to design financial services that fit neatly into people’s lives, making it easier to save, invest and pay off debt.
As a result, the Dreams app is personal, easy to use and incredibly effective. It’ll even help you find money you didn’t know you had.
Dreams is now entering one of the most exciting phases in its history. We want authentic, courageous and passionate people to join our purpose-driven team in shaping the future of the finance industry.
About the role
As Head of Finance, you'll be responsible for Accounting, Performance Management and Controls. You'll play a central role in helping us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live sustainably.
What you’ll do
- Manage the control and signing of Dreams B2C accounts (under IFRS standards), have responsibility for the shares register, and financial reporting
- Be responsible for payments linked to Dreams’ activity (remuneration of Partners, suppliers, staff salaries, tax,…) and control of the revenues to be received from Dreams B2C Partners
- Implement performance management dashboards (operational & financial KPIs monitoring and follow-up of the different flows of payments/income)
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting exercise
- Prepare and/or control relevant tax documentation and tax settlements
- Interact with local authorities (in particular, but not limited to, Tax authorities), local auditors and local accounting consultants preparing the accounts
- Build and lead a small but high-performing finance team (hire a junior financial controller)
Who you are
- An energetic and autonomous problem-solver
- An empathic leader, dedicated to develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders across the entire organization
- Detail-oriented without losing the holistic, overall business perspective.
- An effective communicator, and can provide practical and actionable advice for us to maintain our sustainable and cost-conscious culture
- Flexible and humble in embracing hands-on tasks in the environment of a fast developing and growing business organization
What you’ll bring to the team
- At least 7-8 years of experience in a similar position (accounting control, performance management and payments)
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as fluency in English, verbally and in writing. Knowledge of the Swedish language would be a plus
- Good knowledge of the banking environment
- Your mastery of Excel and/or Google Sheet, and knowledge of Fortnox, Centsoft and Matisse (or similar accounting and payment softwares)
- To work alongside talented, authentic, and passionate colleagues that care for each other, in an inclusive and diverse environment
- Join an international, innovation-driven company, with a culture that encourages mold-breaking
- We prioritize our employees' financial wellbeing through pension, stock ownership plans, wellness allowance, and friendly perks
- You'll work from a beautiful laid-back office space in central Stockholm. We can also help you equip your own home if you prefer working remotely
- You'll get the opportunity to help millions of people feel better about money and live more sustainably