Dreams is the new way to save – an app built for the people. Through groundbreaking design and Nobel Prize-winning research, we offer up a new generation of friendly financial services.
Just who are we? Our Dreams team consists of around 70 talented magic-makers from 14 different countries, all coming together to help dreams come true. We make it happen from our offices in Stockholm and Oslo.
We are growing and are looking for a third member to join our site reliability engineering team.
What we need
Dreams’ engineers own not only the tech but also the product itself, contributing actively with ideas and user-facing features. We firmly believe in building self-organizing and self-reliant teams working with continuous improvements and optimizations.
As a member of our site reliability engineering team, you will work across our teams focusing on reliability, resilience, and tooling. Around 50% of your time will be spent as a driving force in our product development, imparting knowledge across the company. The remaining 50% will be spent on reactive work and making continuous improvements.
With a strong background in engineering, automation, and operations, you’ve witnessed the worst and are not afraid to move quickly and break things. You think of automation as the turnkey solution to nearly any problem, and thoroughly enjoy supporting teams to improve the developer UX for our engineers and the end product for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Take pride and ownership in our product’s reliability and function
- Be actively involved in feature discussions to design for resilience from the ground up, imparting your expertise in product design
- Support, guide, and mentor junior colleagues
- Actively spread technical know-how throughout the organization
What you’ll bring to the team
- Around 10 years’ professional experience across multiple parts of the stack, with a focus in automation
- Rich experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Programming experience – preferably around product engineering using one or many of the following programming languages and ecosystems: Ruby, Python, Go, Java, Node.js
- Experience creating and maintaining Ansible playbooks and Terraform configurations
- An in-depth understanding of the nature of larger distributed systems, with documented background within system-level administration (Linux and a thorough understanding of network topology
- A security-first mindset familiar with concepts such as OWASP 10, PCI, HIPAA etc
- Past experience of external security audits and pentesting
- A curious and explorative mindset –you keep up to date with new technology while remaining grounded in what you know works
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring, fun, smart, friendly colleagues
- Cross-collaboration across departments
- An international, laid-back office space in central Stockholm
- Innovation-driven, fast-growing company
- A culture encouraging risks, new ideas and mold-breaking
- Help people save – not waste – their money and achieve their dreams!
Come on already and apply. Our Dreams community can hardly wait to hear from you!
N.B. Candidates must be available for in-person interviews in Stockholm and be entitled to work in Sweden.