Dreams is the new way to save – an app built for the people. Through groundbreaking design and Nobel Prize-winning research, we offer a new generation of friendly financial services.
The words “save money” make most people feel anxious and excluded. Financial products and services do little to ease this burden. Enter Dreams - a solution built on human needs for human beings. We all agree that money has a great impact on emotional health and well-being. So let’s reach people on a fundamentally emotional level. United around a single mission – to turn dreamers into achievers, nudging them to reject momentary satisfaction and instead invest in a sustainable future.
Over 400,000 Scandinavians have saved with Dreams since we launched the app in 2016. Now we are raising the bar on financial services. The days when financial institutions could benefit from ignoring customers' needs is over. Period.
Our Dreams team consists of around 60+ talented magic-makers from 14 different countries, all coming together to help dreams come true. We make it happen from our offices in Stockholm (HQ), Oslo and Berlin.
During the fall 2019 we will start scaling Dreams all through Europe with Germany as the first market outside the Nordics. We are therefore looking for a Country Manager who will play a pivotal role in shaping the Dreams brand and business in Germany.
What we need
We look for a person that is an entrepreneur at heart who thrives in an ever changing environment and love seeing things through from start to finish.
As Country Manager for Dreams you will be working in the intersection between business development, creative communication and data driven growth - building Dreams in Germany from the ground up.
Being responsible for starting and growing the entire German team and operations, you need to be a passionate and experienced leader. You are a team player and excel when mentoring cross-functional teams – anyone from content makers to community leaders.
We are looking for someone with a successful and proven track record in a similar role as a Region or Country Manager in a startup/scale up environment.
You have solid experience within performance driven marketing, content strategy, data-analysis as well as a bit of growth hacking. German is your native-tongue and you are fluent in English and used to working in an international environment with multicultural teams. You have an understanding of the German financial ecosystem as well as knowledge on how to adapt an international product and brand to the local market.
You will be working closely with the Stockholm based marketing, community and operations teams and report directly to our Chief Operating Officer and co-founder Johan Hemminger. Your workplace will be in Berlin at the Factory co-work space and occasionally at our head office in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Main responsibility for the German market including P&L
- Recruit, lead and mentor a local cross-functional team and use your analytical skills to help your team understand how user insights and quantitative metrics, business needs and industry trends can be brought together to improve our marketing effectiveness and drive growth
- Responsible for localisation of both the product and communication to be culturally relevant for the German target group
- Build and run marketing campaigns with the support of the Stockholm team to drive brand awareness, user growth and revenues
- Identify and negotiate local commercial partnerships in order to drive growth and revenues
- Monitor and assess the performance of the German market to create insights and ideas for further product and business development together with the HQ
- Set the PR strategy and be the face and voice of Dreams in interviews, panels and through thought leadership etc.
- Plan and run local activation and retention campaigns of current users in Germany resulting in improvement of customer engagement.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Minimum 5+ years experience from a similar role at a top-tier product company
- Minimum 2+ years of manager experience
- Previous experience of launching complex digital products to diverse audiences
- World class communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to demonstrate the capacity of taking data-informed decisions in any situation
- In-depth knowledge of working in Germany including connections to relevant stakeholders
- A pragmatic and non-hierarchical team player, confident in your own abilities
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives at once
- You fully embrace our mission to make financial management fair for the individual as well as the society
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring, fun, smart, friendly colleagues
- Cross-collaboration across departments
- Innovation-driven, fast-growing company
- A culture encouraging risks, new ideas, and mold-breaking
- Help people save – not waste – their money and achieve their dreams!
Come on already and apply. Our Dreams community can hardly wait to hear from you!
In this recruitment process, we work with Diana Haltermann at Talented International. Please contact her directly if you have any questions.