Dreams is the new way to save – an app built for the people. Through groundbreaking design and Nobel Prize-winning research, we offer up a new generation of friendly financial services.
Just who are we? Our Dreams team consists of around 50 talented magic-makers from 14 different countries, all coming together to help dreams come true. We make it happen from our offices in Stockholm and Oslo.
We are now strengthening our growing team and are looking for a Senior Product engineer to help steer Dreams into the future.
What we need
Dreams’ engineers own not only the tech but also the product itself, contributing actively with ideas and user-facing features. We firmly believe in building self-organizing and self-reliant teams working with continuous improvements and optimizations.
As a senior team member, you will get the chance to work on all parts of our stack. We believe you have a strong background in engineering and programming – preferably with experience from multiple fields including financial technology. For us at Dreams, experience is key to being able to properly pick the best tool for any job.
What you’ll do
- Build out features and contribute with code over the whole stack
- Support, guide, and mentor junior colleagues
- Actively spread technical know-how throughout the team
- Communicate with colleagues across the company to gather requirements
- Drive features and development of parts of the stack
What you should know
- RabbitMQ and messaging-based architectures
- Building out complex UI’s using React.js
- Testing frameworks like Mocha.js, Jest or similar
- Production experience with containers (Docker) and preferably Kubernetes
- Production experience with Elasticsearch
- Proficiency in Scala (JVM) and Typescript preferred
- Bonus points if you have experience with NestJS.
What you’ll bring to the team
- An ability to technically design, implement, and maintain scalable web UIs
- Extensive experience with one or many of the following programming languages and ecosystems: Ruby, Python, Go, Node.js
- Experience from event-driven architectures
- An understanding of the importance of creating high-quality UIs from prior work experience in gaming or media
- An ability to dig in and work with large systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – you will guide teams, communicate with the overall organization, and document systems (English is our preferred working language)
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring, fun, smart, friendly colleagues
- Cross-collaboration across departments
- An international, laid-back office space in central Stockholm
- Innovation-driven, fast-growing company
- A culture encouraging risks, new ideas, and mold-breaking
- Help people save – not waste – their money and achieve their dreams!
Come on already and apply. Our Dreams community can hardly wait to hear from you!
N.B. Candidates must be available for in-person interviews in Stockholm and be entitled to work in Sweden.