Who we are
It starts with a dream.
In a world of overspending and easy credit, it’s no surprise that money is the number one source of stress for millions of people.
We created Dreams to level the playing field. And today, we help half a million customers in Scandinavia gain control of their finances by providing easy ways to save, invest, and pay off debt.
Using insights from cognitive and behavioral science, we are able to make the products engaging and effective in helping people to develop healthy financial habits - and measurably increase their financial wellbeing.
In 2020, we launched a Dreams-as-Service B2B offering that enables banks worldwide to leverage our scientific method and ground-breaking design to build more meaningful customer relationships, as well as attract the new generations of wealth holders.
This marks the beginning of our expansion, and our journey to support banks worldwide in helping millions of people live more fulfilled lives.
We are now looking for the right people to join us in shaping the future of finance.
What we need
Dreams employees are vital in supporting our mission and objectives as a company. We are incredibly proud of our team and culture and we want to continue strengthening that as we grow. As our Chief People & Culture Officer is going on parental leave we are looking for a new colleague who will take on the role as our Head of People Operations for a 13 month leave replacement*. For the right person there is a great chance for permanent employment after the end of the period.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead and manage the People operations function to support critical business goals on all matters related to attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining the very best people.
You will, together with a high-performing team of two, serve as a partner to all levels of the business and manage all aspects of People Operations. This includes employee experience & communication, people development, talent management, performance management, comp & ben, culture and employee relations.
We need a trusted advisor to the CEO, the Management team and other People leads. Through coaching and continuous feedback, you will provide our leaders with the tools they need in order to be successful in their roles and maintain efficiency as our business continues to expand.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Continue building on and develop our proven processes and way of working to nurture our culture and propagate our core values
- Nurture a work environment that inspires and enables strong collaboration, high efficiency and growth for all employees
- Serve as an advisor and partner to stakeholders across the entire organization to continually improve our employee experiences.
- Advise and support our people-leads by sharing your leadership and HR expertise
- Together with the rest of the People Ops team continue the work of defining Dreams Hybrid Post-pandemic workplace and culture
- Drive and support continuous improvement in our work practices
All in all this could be described as a broad role where you will get to utilise every skill in your toolbox and have a tangible impact every day.
What you’ll bring to the team
You are a hands-on generalist, excited to roll up your sleeves, and have experience of leading a People operations function in a scaleup or high-growth organization.
- 7+ years of experience across various HR/People roles. 2+ years management experience
- A solid experience and knowledge in Swedish employment laws and regulations
- Your ability to manage and resolve sensitive employee relations issues balancing employee experience and the business effectively
- Fluent in English
- A Bachelor's degree in Work life science or similar, with an advanced degree a plus
Who you are
- You enjoy developing authentic relationships with colleagues, and understand when to teach vs. guide.
- You understand processes and operational best practices, but are convinced that People Operations/HR is much more than that - People over process!
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to actively adapt to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities, and guide the team accordingly
- You’ve managed a high-performance People team but are happy to roll up your sleeves and be a hands-on contributor
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Working alongside talented, authentic, and passionate colleagues that care for each other, in an environment where we nurture psychological safety (we have a strict zero a-hole tolerance)
- An international, laid-back office in central Stockholm
- An innovation-driven, fast-growing company, in a culture where we encourage risk-taking, and mold-breaking
- An attractive salary package
- The opportunity to help millions of people feel better about money and live more fulfilled lives.
If you feel like this is a role for you we literally cannot wait to meet you. We will create great things together, of that there is no doubt.
* Period: October 1, 2021 - 2 December 2022.
During October 2021 you will work alongside Caroline, our CPCO for onboarding and handover.