Are you dreaming of a more meaningful role?
In a world of overspending and easy credit, it’s no surprise that money is the biggest cause of stress for millions of people. We created Dreams to level the playing field, to give people the tools to achieve their goals and ambitions in life, by helping them gain greater control of their finances.
Using insights from behavioral science, we design simple, engaging financial products that fit neatly into people’s lives, making it easier to save, invest and pay off debt.
Today, we help half a million customers in Scandinavia to achieve dreams, develop healthy financial habits, and measurably increase their financial wellbeing.
In 2020, we launched our B2B offering, enabling individuals through their existing banks to benefit from our scientific method and ground-breaking design.
As we enter the commercial space of regulated enterprises and design better user experiences within financial services, we are in need of brilliant minds to join our team.
As Engineering Manager, you'll make some of the most important decisions at Dreams. In collaboration with our product leaders, you'll support our teams to have a high degree of impact, and you'll play a central role in defining our technical strategy and assessing capability build.
Who you are
- You're an empathic leader, dedicated to inspire, guide, and grow a high-performing engineering team.
- You're an effective communicator, and want to develop and nurture relationships between product, engineering, and key stakeholders across the organization.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to actively adapt to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities, and guide the team accordingly.
- You're located in the EU, Stockholm time zone
What you'll bring to the team
- You have experience working in European Small and medium-sized enterprises (emphasis on small).
- You have experience in managing medium-sized engineering teams working in a cross-functional constellation.
- You have experience in resource planning and staffing budget.
- You've worked with OKRs.
- You'll be a top candidate if you have familiarity scaling the Rails stack on AWS k8s, experience with a B2B context, and working in management teams.
- To work alongside talented, authentic, and passionate colleagues that care for each other, in an inclusive and diverse environment
- We're an international, innovation-driven company, with a culture that encourages calculated risks and mold-breaking.
- We have a hybrid workplace, where you can choose to work from your own home or a beautiful laid-back office space in central Stockholm.
- We prioritize our employees' financial wellbeing through pension, stock ownership plans, wellness allowance, and friendly perks.
- You'll get the opportunity to help millions of people feel better about money and live more sustainability